Dr. Haslindar Ibrahim
Position: Senior Lecturer
Ph.D (UM, Malaysia),
MBA (USM, Malaysia),
BSBA (Management)(Tulsa, USA),
DBS (UiTM, Malaysia)
Phone: (+604)653 3379
Fax: (+604) 657 7448
Financial Statements Analysis, Corporate performance, Corporate Governance, Ownership structure (family ownership), Agency Costs and Islamic Finance.
As a co-researcher for the project of the E-HRM: A Proposed Model Based on Technology Acceptance Model (2009-2011).
As a co-researcher for the project of Human Resources, Governance, Service Quality and Performance: The Accelerated Programme for Excellence (APEX) Experience, Apex University Research Agenda (AURA), School of Management (SOM)/ Graduate School of Business (GSB) (2008-2011).
Selected Publications in Journals:
Haslindar Ibrahim, & Fazilah Abdul Samad (2011), Corporate Governance Mechanisms and Performance of Public-Listed Family-Ownership in Malaysia, International Journal of Economics and Finance, 3 (1), (forthcoming)
Haslindar Ibrahim, & Fazilah Abdul Samad (2010), Agency Costs, Corporate Governance Mechanisms and Performance of Public Listed Family Firms in Malaysia, South African Journal of Business Management, (forthcoming)
Haslindar Ibrahim, & Fazilah Abdul Samad (2010), Family Business in Emerging Markets: The Case of Malaysia, African Journal of Business Management, 4 (13), 2586-2595
Haslindar Ibrahim, M.Fazilah Abdul Samad & Afizar Amir (2009), Board Structure and Corporate Performance: Evidence from Public-Listed Family-Ownership in Malaysia, Global Review of Business & Economic Research (GRBER), 5 (2), 185-204
Zamri Ahmad, Haslindar Ibrahim & Yuserrie Zainuddin (2003), The Impact of Delisting from KLSE Syariah Index: An Empirical Study, The Journal of Accounting, Management & Economics Research, 3(2), 109-118
Zamri Ahmad & Haslindar Ibrahim (2002), A Study of the KLSE Syariah Index, Malaysian Management Journal, 6(1&2), 25-34
Selected Publications in Books and Book Chapters:
- Ph.D (Finance, University of Malaya)
- SSRN’s Top 10 Papers Download list for CGSTF: Family Firms (Topic) and Corporate Governance: Governance of Special Types of Firms for paper titled “Board Structure & Corporate Performance: Evidence from Public Listed Family Ownership in Malaysia” on 31st March 2009.
- Best Paper Award, for paper titled “Board Structure & Corporate Performance: Evidence from Public Listed Family Ownership in Malaysia” presented in the 4th International Conference on Global Academy of Business & Economics Research (GABER), Bangkok. Paper published in the Global Review of Business & Economic Research (GRBER)
- Fellowship SLAB USM
- Recognition Certificate of Merit Awarded by College of Business Administration, the Tulsa University (TU)
- Honors Roll from the Tulsa University (2 Semesters)
- Dean’s List Award for 4 Semesters at UiTM, Arau, Perlis
- Conference Master-International conference – 2010 - present
- Global Research Agency – 2010 - present
- Malaysian Finance Association – 2002 – present