Master of Arts (MA)
The Master of Arts are research programmes offered throughout of the year. These programmes are offered as full-time and part-time modes to qualified Malaysian and International Students to do independent research supervised by their respective lecturers in the respective field of expertise. As the field of accounting, finance and management are dynamic, new areas/field of studies are always emerging as newer technological tools and developments become available. Upon graduation, students may seek employment in both public and private sectors.
Students can choose between:
• MA (Accounting)
• Goods and Services Tax and Taxation Issues
• Asset Pricing
• Strategic Management and Organisational Issues
• Internationalisation of Enterprises
• International Marketing
Operations and Production
• Productivity and Quality
An applicant for a Master degree should possess the following qualifications:
I. Bachelor degree (Honours)
A) CGPA of at least 2.75/4.00
C) CGPA of 2.00 - 2.49/4.00 with
II. APEL A Certificate (APEL T-7)
- A minimum score of 35 in Internet-based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language); OR
- A minimum score of 5.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System); or
- A minimum score of 154 in Cambridge English Advance (CAE); or
- A minimum score of 154 in Cambridge Proficiency Advance (CPE); or
- A minimum score of 36 in Pearson Test of English (PTE); or
- English is the candidate's mother tongue or National Language; or
- The candidate graduated from an Institution of Higher Learning in which the medium of instruction at Bachelor and Master level is English; or
- English courses offered by British Council (The level of qualification and the relevant courses are to be identified by the University Postgraduate Studies Council); or
- English courses from selected Malaysian public/private University or institution (The level of qualification and the relevant courses are to be identified by the University Postgraduate Studies Council).
A Master degree can be completed in two modes i.e. either Full-time or Part-time.
Full-time candidates need to complete their dissertation in minimum of 2 semesters and maximum of 6 semesters.
** A foreign candidate outside of the Malay Archipelago is required to register as a full-time student.
Part-time candidates are allowed to complete their dissertations in minimum of 4 semesters and maximum of 12 semesters.
PROPOSAL DEFENSE SOP
- Students submits the Proposal defense (PD) submission form and proposal write-up in pdf file to email@example.com
- The PD date is depending on the slot and examiner availability. Presentation will be held virtually using the Cisco webex (invitation link to webex PD will be sent via email)
- Student should prepare power-point slides for this 30-minutes presentation, that follows with a question-and-answer session.
- Presentation will not be conducted if the supervisor is not available.
- SOM PG staff will email the PD report to student within 3 days.
GENERAL GUIDELINES IN PREPARING THE PROPOSAL
- The proposal normally consists of the first three chapters of an MA/PhD thesis. These are;
- Chp. 1: Introduction
This chapter should include the background of the topic, the problem statement, research questions and research objectives. The significance and potential contributions of the study should also be highlighted.
- Chp. 2: Literature Review
The literature review chapter normally start with the discussion of the underlying theories of the study, followed by a thorough and critical review of past studies done in the topic. Following the review, theoretical framework should be shown. The development of hypotheses is then discussed.
- Chp. 3: Methodology
This chapter will explain the research design. Details on the data and its sources and collection methods, including research/survey instruments, should be elaborated. Variables and their measures also need to be described. Methods and techniques for data analyses should also be explained.
- Chp. 1: Introduction
- Please include an Abstract (of about 300 words) and the table of content of the proposal.
- Complete list of References must be included.
- Please ensure that the write-up contains minimal English errors.
WHY SHOULD YOU ENROL INTO SOM MA PROGRAMME?
** Fees are subject to change
- Hits: 33930