Dr. Nor Hasliza Md. Saad
Doctor of Philosophy In Computer Science, University Teknologi Malaysia (Malaysia),
Masters of Science in Information Technology , Universiti Sains Malaysia (Malaysia),
Bachelor of Business Administration,Temple University, Philadelphia, USA
Phone: (+604) 653 5920
Fax: (+604) 657 7448
Implementing Knowledge Management Systems Initiatives, Analyzing the Social-Technical Aspects of, Knowledge Management Systems, Knowledge Management Systems in higher education context, Information Systems Research, Qualitative and Interpretive Research, Multiple Case Studies Approach
- Research University (RU) Grant (2010-2015), TRC Cluster – Team 3, Project 3 (Project Leader: Associate Prof. Dr Siti Nabiha Abdul Khalid), Title:Governance for Sustainable Tourism Development: A Study of Local Authorities in Tourism Areas, as a co-researcher
- Short term grant (2013-2015). Performance Measurement of Water Supply Utilities in Malaysia, as a co-researcher
- Incentive Grant (2012-2013). Knowledge Management Systems Initiatives in Malaysian Public Universities.
Selected Publications in Journals:
- Rose Alinda Alias & Nor Hasliza Md Saad (2004), A Multiple Perspective Review on Knowledge Management Literature, Journal of Advancing Information and Management Studies. 1 (1), pp.17-32, 2004
- Nor Hasliza Md Saad (2003), Unpublished PhD thesis, “An Integrated Approach of Contextualist Analysis, Multiple Perspectives and Soft Systems Methodology For Knowledge Management Systems Initiatives in Malaysian Universities. Universiti Teknologi Malaysia.
Selected Publications in Books and Book Chapters:
- Rose Alinda Alias & Nor Hasliza Md Saad, A Multiple Perspective Review on Knowledge Management Literature, Proceeding in Knowledge Management International Conference (KMICe) 14-15 Feb 2004, Penang, Malaysia. (one of the best papers)
- Nor Hasliza Md Saad, Rose Alinda & Azizah A. Rahman, “Differentiating KMS Strategy from Business Strategy, KM strategy and IS/IT Strategy”, Proceeding in International Conference on Knowledge Management (ICKM), 7-9 July 2005, Putra World Trade Center, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Nor Hasliza Md Saad, Rose Alinda & Azizah A. Rahman, Mixing Qualitative and Quantitative Methods in Formulating KMSS within the Context of Malaysian Public Institution of Higher Education, Proceeding in Postgraduate Annual Research Seminar 2006, FSKTM, UTM, Johor Malaysia.
- Nor Hasliza Md Saad, Rose Alinda & Azizah A. Rahman, Using Soft System Methodology for Analyzing Data in Formulating Knowledge Management System (KMS) Strategy within the Context of Malaysian Public Institution of Higher Education”. Proceeding in Postgraduate Annual Research Seminar 2006, FSKTM, UTM, Johor, Malaysia.
- Nor Hasliza Md Saad, Rose Alinda & Azizah A. Rahman, Using Soft Systems Methodology (SSM) in Formulating Knowledge Management Systems (KMS) Strategy for Malaysian Public Institutions of Higher Education, Proceeding In 5th International Conference on ICT and Higher Education, 26 - 29 June, 2006, Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan.
- Nor Hasliza Md Saad, Rose Alinda & Azizah A. Rahman, The Contextualist Approach of Understanding Knowledge Management System Initiatives in Higher Education: Case Studies of Malaysian Public Universities, 11th European Conference on Knowledge Management, 2-3 September, 2010, Universidade Lusíada de Vila Nova de Famalicão, Famalicão, Portugal.