Dr. Tajul Ariffin Masron
Position: Associate Professor
Phd (Universiti Putra Malaysia, Selangor),
Sarjana Ekonomi (Universiti Malaya, Kuala Lumpur),
Bachelor Of Commerce (Hitotsubashi University, Tokyo)
Phone: (+604) 653 5158
Fax: (+604) 657 7448
TAJUL ARIFFIN MASRON, Ph.D. is a senior lecturer at the School of Management, Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM). He has been with USM since March 2007. He has taught courses at the undergraduate and post graduate level. Amongst courses he has taught are: Mathematic for Business, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Managerial Economics and International Trade. He supervises a number of MBA and PhD students in the field of International Trade and Finance. He has published research articles in both local and international refereed journals. His Area of research specialization is in International Economics.
International Trade, Finance, Foreign Direct Investment, Regional Economic Integration
Sustainability and Implications of FDI from Developing Countries towards Poverty Alleviation in Developing Countries [203/PMGT/6730033].
Outward and Inward FDI: Determinants and Implications on ASEAN Economies [304/PMGT/6310092]
Economic Integration and Trade Cooperation: The Concept of Malaysia and Middle East Countries [304/PPAMC/6310016].
The Feasibility and Benefit of AFTA and AEC [304/PMGT/638170].
Financial Structure and Performance of SMEs in Northern Corridor Economic Region (NCER), Malaysia [1001/PMGT/816504].
Selected Publications in Journals:
- Hassan Gholipour Fereidouni and Tajul Ariffin Masron (2012). Governance Matters and Entrepreneurial Activities. Thunderbird International Business Review, Vol. 54 (forthcoming). [SCOPUS]
- Mohd Naseem Niaz Ahmad, Zulkornain Yusop and Tajul Ariffin Masron (2011) How Did the Malaysian Real Exchange Rate Misalign During the 1997 Asian Crisis? IIUM Journal of Economics and Management, Vol. 18(2), (Forthcoming). [SCOPUS]
- Hassan Gholipour Fereidouni and Tajul Ariffin Masron (2011). The Effect of Energy Prices on Iranian Industry Stock Returns. Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, Vol. (Forthcoming). [ISI]
- Mohd Khairul Hisyam Hassan and Tajul Ariffin Masron (2011) Inward FDI from ASEAN and Its Implication on Malaysian Manufacturing Sector. Jurnal Ekonomi Malaysia, Vol. 45, 33-39. [SCOPUS]
- Tajul Ariffin Masron, Haslindar Ibrahim and Anuar Abd Wahhab (2011) Factors influencing Portfolio Flow in Malaysia. The Business Review, Cambridge, 19(1), 205-211.
- Hassan Gholipour Fereidouni and Tajul Ariffin Masron (2011). The Effect of Tourism Agglomeration on Foreign Real Estate Investment: Evidence from OECD Countries. International Journal of Strategic Property Management, Vol. 15(3), 222-230. [ISI]
- Hassan Gholipour Fereidouni, Tajul Ariffin Masron and Reza Ekhtiari Amiri (2011). FDI and Democracy in Middle East. International Journal of Social Economics, Vol. 38(9), 802-815. [SCOPUS]
- Punitharaja Nadaraja, Abdul Hadi Zulkafli and Tajul Ariffin Masron (2011) Family Ownership, Firm’s Financial Characteristics and Capital Structure: Evidence from Public Listed Companies in Malaysia. Economia-Series Management, Vol. 14(1), 141-156.
- Tajul Ariffin Masron, Afizar Amir and Haslindar Ibrahim (2011). Underground Economy in Malaysia: Evidence from Smuggling Activities in Penang. International Journal of Current Research, Vol. 3(5), 107-110.
- Mohd Naseem Niaz Ahmad, Siti Hamizah Mohd and Tajul Ariffin Masron (2010). Exchange Rate Misalignment, Volatility and Malaysian Export Flow. International Journal of Business and Society, Vol. 11(2), 1-12. [SCOPUS]
Selected Publications in Books and Book Chapters:
Tajul Ariffin Masron and Zulkornain Yusop (2008) Reserve Pooling and Single Currency in ASEAN: Evidence from Panel Analysis. In Law, S.H., Normazwana, I. and Chin, L. (eds.) Monetary, Trade and Macroeconomic Performance of East Asian Economies. Penerbit UPM, 59-70.
Tajul Ariffin Masron and Zulkornain Yusop (2008) Macroeconomic Convergence in ASEAN Economies. In Law, S.H., Normazwana, I. and Chin, L. (eds.) Monetary, Trade and Macroeconomic Performance of East Asian Economies. Penerbit UPM, 123 – 132.
Tajul Ariffin Masron, Yusop, Z., Baharumshah, A.Z. and Habibullah, M.S. (2007) Trade and Economic Growth in selected Asian-5, in Allam, A. (ed.) World Sustainable Development Outlook 2007: Knowledge Management and Sustainable Development in the 21st Century. Greenleaf Publishing: United Kingdom.
- Asian Academy Of Management.
- Persatuan Input-Output Malaysia.
- International Association of Business And Economics.
- International Economics Development and Research Center.
- Hits: 14271